1. Searching For Hammam – I thoroughly enjoyed my Turkish bath experience at The Cosmopolitan Las Vegas’s Sahra Spa & Hammam last weekend and I’m determined to find a Hammam here in Portland.
2. Getting Back On Track – Vegas was an eye-opener. Going to try to work out four days a week and pay myself $10 for every pound lost. A nice walk and chicken and broccoli for lunch today!
3. Learning French – Hopefully. Trying out Duolingo to see what I can pick up! It’s a little embarrassing speaking into my laptop microphone at the office.
4. Listening to the soundtrack from The Secret Life of Walter Mitty – Loving the music by Jose Gonzalez.
5. Heading to Denver – A wedding this weekend is taking me to Denver for the first time and I’m eager to see a city whose beauty I’ve heard so much about.
There is a piece of popcorn in the women’s bathroom at my office. I noticed it yesterday and thought it was odd, but when it was still in there today, as if it had taken up permanent residence, I really got to thinking. How did this one piece of popcorn arrive on the floor in the middle of the front stall of the women’s bathroom? I currently have two theories:
1) Someone was so embarrassed of their snacking habits that they sneaked into the bathroom to consume large amounts of bite-sized, cheese powder-coated carbohydrates and accidentally dropped one that, in their food frenzy, they did not pick up.
2) Someone was casually eating popcorn at their desk, dropped a piece that got lodged somewhere deep inside the many layers of their clothing, and when they undressed to go to the bathroom it quietly fell out onto the floor. And that person is now wandering about the office asking questions like, “how did that weird piece of popcorn come to live in the women’s bathroom?”
One employee in particular has been implicated in the delivery of the popcorn to the bathroom, but she denies any involvement. We’re now discussing who will be retrieving the mystery popcorn and tasting to see whether it is in fact cheese flavor as that would clear her since she is a vegan.